Best Time to visit Uganda
What is the best time to visit Uganda? The best game viewing months in Uganda are during the dry seasons that are June, July and August as well as December, January and February. Primate walks in the forest are a big part of any safari in Uganda. The habitat of rainforests is, by default, very wet and one can’t avoid rain completely. However, after heavy rains, the sky usually opens up to bright sunshine.
- Best time to go: June to August and December to February (All parks)
- High Season: June to September (It’s rarely crowded, but you’ll need to book your gorilla permits long in advance)
- Low Season: March, April, May, October, November (Some lodges and camps in high rainfall areas close down; roads and forest trails can be in poor condition)
- Best Weather: June-July and January-February (Little rainfall)
- Worst Weather: March, April and May (Peak of wet season)
- December to February and June to August – Dry Season
This is the best time to visit all national parks. It’s the good time to track gorillas because these are the drier months. The skies are clear, there is less rain and more sunshine. It’s easier to spot wildlife in the savannah reserves since vegetation is less and animals gather around water sources.
Despite being a high season months, the parks don’t feel crowded. Gorilla permits need to be booked very far in advance.
March up to May and September up to November-Wet Season : The sceneries of the savannah reserves are greener and its low season, resulting in lower rates. Although wildlife in the savannah reserves is easier to spot in the dry season, you’ll still see plenty, including newborn animals in the wet season.
However some of the roads get very bad and cars often get stuck. Forest trails can become slippery and challenging. If it pours with rain, changes can’t be made in the expensive gorilla permit. Departures go as scheduled.
What to bring for safari to Uganda
After finding out the best time to visit Uganda, you need to know what to pack for a safari to the pearl of Africa. Mountain gorilla trekking is not just an ordinary activity like but you must be physically fit to hike and find a mountain gorilla you want so you need to come along with garden gloves, waterproof hiking boots, raincoats, long-sleeved warm clothes, enough drinking water, insect repellents and energy-giving snacks among others. You are advised to book a gorilla permit in advance of 3-4 months before coming to visit the country.